Lakshay is a Counsel at Singularity Legal. He specialises in advising energy & resources, private equities, and shipping & trade companies in shareholder and joint venture disputes, operational disputes and sovereign disputes. He also specialises in advising on global enforcement and debt recovery strategies and representing cryptocurrency investors.
His range of experience includes advising clients in international arbitrations under various rules like ICC, SIAC, LCIA, DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, and JAMS; cross-border disputes before courts in India, Indonesia, Mauritius, DIFC, Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States of America. He has a passion for advising on laws governing radical technologies and businesses.
Energy, Resources, & Infrastructure
- Advising an Indian company and its Italian subsidiary in their dispute against a Chinese and a Singaporean company under an agreement for the procurement of photo-voltaic modules (CIETAC Rules, China seated, Chinese law).
Private Equity & Finance
- Representing a Qatari HNI in an arbitration under a settlement agreement for relinquishing his shares in a multinational oil and gas enterprise against his Indian joint venture partner and a Cayman Islands group company (DIAC Rules, London seated, English law)
- Representing a Qatari HNI in disclosure applications and tracing claims in proceedings connected with an ongoing arbitration against three DIFC-based venture capital firms (DIFC Courts)
- Advising a Qatari HNI in disclosure applications and tracing claims in proceedings connected with an ongoing arbitration against a Singapore-based venture capital firm (Singapore High Court)
Shipping and Insurance
- Advising a Hong Kong company in its dispute against an Indian company under an agreement for the provision of shipping services (Singapore High Court)
- Representing three promoters of an Indian and a UAE shipping technology company in a dispute concerning the wrongful revocation of their shareholding (Dubai law, Dubai courts)
Sports And Entertainment
- Representing an Indian subsidiary of a global advertising company in the challenge to the enforcement of their arbitral award by Indian local civic body (Bombay High Court)
IT & ITES
- Representing a Canadian national in his dispute against a leading cryptocurrency exchange (JAMS Rules, New York seated, New York law)
- Advising a HNI resident in the UAE regarding seizure of his cryptocurrency investments, in one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges by enforcement agencies of the United States of America, arising out of a spoofing scheme (North Carolina Courts)
- Advising a Turkish global steel and trading company in its dispute arising out of non-performance and breach of contract to supply agricultural commodities with an Indian Trading company (ICC Rules Geneva)
- Advising a UAE based trading company engaged in ready-made metal products in its dispute arising out of non-payment of dues under a sale of goods contract with a Senegalese based metal and mining company (Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of SCC, Swiss Law)
Enforcement and Debt Recovery
- Advising an Indian multinational bank on recovery against an American software company and its personal guarantor.
- Advising an Indian multinational bank on recovery against a Mauritius media and broadcasting company.
- Advising a Dutch power generation and coal resources company on the enforcement of a SIAC award against a Seychelles company and its Indonesian director.
- Advising an Indian public bank on overseas debt recovery from a global group of companies and its promoters.
- Advising an Indian public bank on overseas debt recovery from a UAE and an Indian company and its guarantors.
- Advising a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (DIFC Courts)
- Advising a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (Cayman, Singapore and Swiss courts)