Natasha is a counsel at Singularity Legal. She specialises in advising energy & resources, construction & infrastructure, shipping & trade companies and institutional investors in shareholder and joint venture disputes, operational disputes and sovereign disputes. She also specialises in advising on global enforcement and debt recovery strategies.
Her range of experience includes advising clients in international arbitrations under various rules like SIAC, LCIA, DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, ICDR, PCA and UNCITRAL; international mediations under rules like SIMC; in cross-border disputes before courts in Cayman Islands, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Switzerland, Mauritius, United Arab Emirates (both onshore and offshore), United Kingdom and United States of America; and in investment treaty disputes.
Energy, Resources & Infrastructure
• Representing two Indian companies in an arbitration under a joint-venture agreement for construction of a thermal power plant against a Korean sovereign company (SIAC Rules, Singapore
seated, Indian law)
• Advising three Indonesian and two Singapore mining resource companies in a series of loan default litigations against Indian bank's Singapore and DIFC branch (Singapore High Court)
Private Equity & Finance
• Representing a Qatari HNI in an arbitration under a settlement agreement for relinquishing his shares in a multinational oil and gas enterprise against his Indian joint venture partner and a Cayman Islands group company (DIAC Rules, London seated, English law)
• Advising a UK-based risk capital fund in relation to its DIAC arbitration against Afghan borrowers for breach of a term loan agreement (DIAC Rules, DIFC seated, English law)
• Representing a private equity-backed master franchisee in 7 arbitrations against former franchisees of a multinational quick service restaurant chain (UNCITRAL Rules administered by ICDR, New York seated, Indian law, Liechtenstein law)
• Advising two Singaporean companies in their dispute against a multinational bank for its wrongful demand for repayment for the monies under the facility agreement (Singapore High Court)
• Advising two Singaporean companies in a debt recovery proceeding by an Indian bank under a facility agreement (Singapore High Court)
• Advising an Indian bank in a bank guarantee recovery litigation against an Abu Dhabi bank (DIFC, Dubai)
Shipping & Insurance
• Advising three promoters of an Indian and a UAE shipping technology company in a dispute concerning the wrongful revocation of their shareholding (Dubai law, Dubai courts)
IT & ITES
• Advising an Indian travel agency in its dispute with a Singapore technology company under a contract for the provision of computerised travel and related reservation services (Singapore law, Singapore courts)
• Representing an Indian multi-national company in its dispute against its partner under several memoranda of understanding for the joint performance of visa processing services (DIAC Rules, DIFC-seated, DIFC law)
Enforcement and Debt Recovery
• Representing a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (DIFC Courts)
• Advising a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (Cayman, Singapore and Swiss courts)
• Advising an Indian multinational bank on recovery against an American software company and its personal guarantor.
• Advising an Indian multinational bank on recovery against a Mauritius media and broadcasting company.
• Advising a Dutch power generation and coal resources company on the enforcement of a SIAC award against a Seychelles company and its Indonesian director.
• Advising an Indian public bank on overseas debt recovery from a global group of companies and its promoters.
• Advising an Australian HNI investor in his investment treaty dispute against a state entity.
• Advising a multinational advertising company on litigation finance for its claims against a state entity under bilateral investment treaties.
• Advising a litigation funder on entry str ategies into and structures for the Indian market.
• Virtual Arbitration in India: A Practical Guide, co-authored with Aditya Gupta (Centre for Arbitration and Research, MNLU Mumbai, June 2020)
• “A Case for the Global Governance of AMR by Regulating the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain” co-authored with Ipshita Chaturvedi, published in Steering against Superbugs: The Global Governance of Antimicrobial Resistance (Oxford University Press, 2023)