Rohit is a director at Singularity Legal. He specialises in advising energy & resources, construction & infrastructure, shipping & trade, and sports & entertainment companies in shareholder and joint venture disputes, operational disputes, and sovereign disputes. His range of experience includes advising clients in international arbitrations under various rules like ICC, SIAC, LCIA, DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, PCA, and UNCITRAL; international mediations under the rules of SIMC; and in cross-border disputes before courts in the Cayman Islands, DIFC, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, and United Arab Emirates.
Energy, Resources & Infrastructure
• Representing a Singaporean and an Indian company in an arbitration concerning breach of a consortium agreement for a rig conversion project against an Abu Dhabi shipyard (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Singapore law)
• Representing two Indian companies in an arbitration under a joint-venture agreement for construction of a thermal power plant against a Korean sovereign company (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Indian law)
• Representing an Indian company in an arbitration concerning the termination of a contract for the construction of an ethanol and power plant in Philippines against an Australian employer and a Filipino co-contractor (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, English law)
• Advising an Indian company for its dispute against a Turkish employer relating to the construction of a circulating fluidized bed combustion boiler in Istanbul, Turkey (ICC Rules, Turkey seated, Turkish law)
• Representing a Singaporean and an Indian company in an ad-hoc arbitration concerning termination of a contract for conversion of a mobile offshore drilling unit to a mobile offshore production unit, against an Indian state-owned enterprise (India seated, Indian law)
• Representing a petrochemical project management company in their dispute against a Chinese State-owned construction engineering conglomerate arising out of the non-payment of success fees under two consultancy agreements for the provision of contractual, claims, and commercial consultancy services in relation to one of the largest oil facilities projects (ICC Rules, UAE seated, ADGM law)
• Advising an Indian company in two ad-hoc arbitrations concerning termination of two contracts for construction of oil tankage platforms against an Indian state-owned enterprise (India seated, Indian law)
• Advising a global litigation funder for its investment in a portfolio concerning construction projects in India (India seated, Indian law)
• Assisting a South Korean petrochemical company in conducting an investigation with regards to its ongoing arbitration against an Indian oil and gas joint venture of three public sector undertakings (India seated, Indian law)
• Advising an Indian company in its dispute against an Indian state-owned oil & gas entity under an EPC contract for civil construction in Lucknow (India seated, Indian law)
• Representing a Singaporean and an Indian company against an Indian oil and gas public sector undertaking in proceedings connected to an arbitration under a contract for conversion of a mobile offshore drilling unit to a mobile offshore production unit (Bombay High Court)
• Representing an Indian company in an application for the appointment of an arbitrator in a dispute concerning termination of a contract for construction of an office space in Lucknow, against an Indian state-owned enterprise (Bombay High Court)
• Representing an insolvent Indian company in defending proceedings by an Indian oil and gas public sector undertaking seeking continuation of an ongoing arbitration and initiation of fresh proceedings (National Company Law Tribunal, Mumbai)
• Advising a South-Korean sovereign bank against an Indian oil and gas public sector undertaking in its dispute with respect to the wrongful invocation of a performance bank guarantee (Gujarat High Court, India)
• Advising an Indian engineering company in a bank guarantee injunction litigation against a Turkish employer (Commercial Court, Istanbul Court)
• Advising three Indonesian and two Singapore mining resource companies in a series of loan default litigations against an Indian bank’s Singapore and DIFC branch (Singapore High Court)
Private Equity and Finance
• Representing a Qatari HNI in an arbitration under a settlement agreement for relinquishing his shares in a multinational oil and gas enterprise against his Indian joint venture partner and a Cayman Islands group company (DIAC Rules, London seated, English law)
• Representing a private-equity backed master franchisee in 7 arbitrations against former franchisees of a multinational quick service restaurant chain. (UNCITRAL Rules, New York seated, Indian law, Liechtenstein law)
• Advising two Singaporean companies in a debt recovery proceeding by an Indian bank under a facility agreement (Singapore High Court)
• Representing a Qatari HNI in disclosure applications and tracing claims in proceedings connected with an ongoing arbitration against three DIFC-based venture capital firms (DIFC Courts)
• Advising a Qatari HNI in disclosure applications and tracing claims in proceedings connected with an ongoing arbitration against a Singapore-based venture capital firm (Singapore High Court)
SHIPPING & INSURANCE
• Advising a Singaporean company in charter party dispute against an Italian company (Singapore High Court)
• Representing three promoters of an Indian and a UAE shipping technology company in a dispute concerning the wrongful revocation of their shareholding (Dubai law, Dubai courts)
Sports & Entertainment
• Advising Indian and Singaporean promoters of a sports broadcasting company in their dispute against an American-headquartered multinational media company (SIAC Rules, India seated, Indian Law)
• Representing two UAE companies and their promoter in a dispute for the non-payment of rent and the encashment of rental cheques under a shareholders’ agreement and a tenancy agreement (DIFC Courts)
• Advising two Indian companies in their dispute against an American shoe manufacturing company, for invalid registration of its priorly published design.
Enforcement and Debt Recovery
• Representing a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (DIFC Courts)
• Advising a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (Cayman, Singapore and Swiss courts)
• Advising a global litigation funder on recovery against an Indian state-owned entity in various jurisdictions including India, USA, France and Singapore, for its purchase of an arbitral award.
• Advising an Indian company on the enforcement of an arbitral award, in various jurisdictions including the UK, Switzerland, and Canada, against a State and a State-owned entity.
• Representing an Indian company in proceedings against a Liberian company relating to the enforcement of an MCIA award (DIFC Courts)
• Advising a Rwandan company in proceedings against an African state relating to the enforcement of KIAC award.
• Advising a Singaporean company on its agreement for the design and construction of five hospital buildings and the supply of medical and non-medical equipment in Côte d’Ivoire.