Sanchit is a counsel at Singularity Legal. He special ises in advising shipping and insurance, sports and entertainment and energy and infrastructure com panies, in their shareholder and joint venture disputes, operational disputes and sovereign disputes. He also represents athletes and sports federations in anti-doping and other sports disputes.
His range of experience includes advising clients in international arbitrations under various rules like SIAC, JAMS, ICC, DIFC-LCIA, LCIA and DIAC; and in cross-border disputes before courts in India, Singa pore, United Kingdom, Cayman Islands, Switzerland, DIFC, United States of America and United Arab Emirates.
Energy, Resources, & Infrastructure
- Representing a Singaporean and an Indian company in an ad-hoc arbitration concerning termination of a contract for conversion of a mobile offshore drilling unit to a mobile offshore production unit, against an Indian state-owned enterprise (India seated, Indian law)
- Representing two Indian companies in an arbitration under joint venture agreement for the construction of a thermal power plant against a Korean sovereign company (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Indian Law)
- Representing an Indian company against its project manager in an ad-hoc arbitration for refund of advances under a profit-sharing agreement (India seated, Indian law)
- Representing two Singaporean companies in an arbitration against its ex-managing director of the oil and gas division and his companies for breach of fiduciary duties and non-compete agreement (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Singapore law)
- Advising a global litigation funder for its investment in a dispute concerning the construction of an oil-&-gas project in Saudi Arabia (ICC Rules, London seated, Saudi law)
- Advising an Indian company and its Italian subsidiary in their dispute against a Chinese and a Singaporean company under an agreement for the procurement of photo-voltaic modules (CIETAC Rules, China seated, Chinese law)
- Representing a Singaporean and an Indian company in their dispute under an EPC contract for conversion of a mobile offshore drilling unit to a mobile offshore production unit, against an Indian state-owned enterprise (Bombay High Court)
- Representing an insolvent Indian company in defending proceedings by an Indian oil and gas public sector undertaking seeking continuation of an ongoing arbitration and initiation of fresh proceedings (National Company Law Tribunal, Mumbai)
Private Equity & Finance
- Representing a Qatari HNI in an arbitration under a settlement agreement for relinquishing his shares in a multinational oil and gas enterprise against his Indian joint venture partner and a Cayman Islands group company (DIAC Rules, London seated, English law)
- Representing a minority shareholder in a dispute against Indian real estate developer and a private equity companies involved in the development of a technology park, in an investigation for fraud and oppression. (India seated, Indian law)
- Advising a UK-based risk capital fund in relation to its DIAC arbitration against Afghan borrowers for breach of a term loan agreement. (DIAC Rules, DIFC seated, English law)
- Representing a Qatari HNI in disclosure applications and tracing claims in proceedings connected with an ongoing arbitration against three DIFC-based venture capital firms (DIFC Courts)
- Advising a Qatari HNI in disclosure applications and tracing claims in proceedings connected with an ongoing arbitration against a Singapore-based venture capital firm (Singapore High Court)
- Advising an Indian investor in his dispute against the English joint venture partner with respect to his investment in an English bespoke jewelry designing software company (UK High Court, Queen’s Bench Commercial Division)
Shipping & Insurance
- Advising an Indian company in an insurance litigation against an Indian underwriter under a hull and machinery insurance policy (UK High Court, Queen’s Bench Division)
- Advising an Indian company in relation to its liability for removal of a shipwreck under the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 before the Directorate General of Shipping.
Sports & Entertainment
- Advising Indian and Singaporean promoters of a sports broadcasting company in their dispute against an American-headquartered multinational media company (SIAC Rules, India seated, Indian Law)
- Advising an Indian, two Mauritian and one UAE-based entities of a multinational advertising company in relation to proceedings against them by UAE-based bank for recovery of loans (India, Mauritius and UAE courts)
- A public interest litigation challenging the constitutional validity of India’s National Anti-Doping Code (Delhi High Court)
- Representing 4 Powerlifting Athletes that were tested positive for doping at the 44th National Games, India (Delhi High Court & Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel)
- Representing an Indian powerlifting athlete who was tested positive for doping at the National Senior (Men & Women) Equipped Powerlifting Championship 2023, India (Delhi High Court and Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel)
- Representing a Canadian national in his dispute against a leading cryptocurrency exchange (JAMS Rules, New York seated, New York law)
- Advising an Indian MSME in its dispute against an American pharmaceutical company under a contract for the supply of manufacturing equipment (India seated, Pennsylvania law)
- Advising an Indian multi-national company in its dispute against its partner under several memoranda of understanding for the joint performance of visa processing services (DIAC Rules, DIFC-seated, DIFC law)
- Advising several Canadian and US individuals in relation to class action proceedings against a leading cryptocurrency exchange for the latter’s involvement in an arbitrage fraud (US Courts, US law)
- Advising a multinational advertising company on litigation finance for its claims against a state entity under bilateral investment treaties.
Enforcement And Debt Recovery
- Representing a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (DIFC Courts)
- Advising a Qatari HNI in proceedings relating to the enforcement of a provisional arbitral award (Cayman, Singapore and Swiss courts)
- Advising a Singaporean company on its agreement for the design and construction of five hospital buildings and the supply of medical and non-medical equipment in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Advising a litigation funder on entry strategies into and structures for the Indian market.
“Sports arbitration in India” co-authored with Prateek Bagaria & Rohit Shankar, published in ‘Specialized Arbitrations – Emerging International Trends & Practices’ (Thomson Reuters, 2022)